Thursday, February 6, 2014

What about the Adam and Eve story?

I was raised by a "catholic" family, where I had my first communion and that's about it. We barely ever went to church and weren't religious at all, therefore I never had a full knowledge of the catholic. belief system and used my own cafeteria plan instead.

When talking about where man came from, whether it be from God and the Adam and Eve story or from Darwin's evolutionary theory, I must say that in my opinion, the evolutionary theory seems more legitimate than a story about a man and a woman who listen to a talking snake and give sin to all human beings for a pointless action. However I do respect and acknowledge that many may believe in that story and therefore, can clearly see why Fyodor calls the 19th century a depressing and chaotic time in history. No one likes to have their their beliefs challenged by a newly probable piece of evidence. One who has lived with his own belief system all his life will not want to accept or listen to any other beliefs that may distort his belief systems and ultimately change his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment