Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday

As we begin to get deeper and deeper into the book I'm beginning to familiarize myself with the context. Once you understand the significance of the laws of nature, inner consciousness and the wall etc, the rest falls into place.
 Today we discussed the concept of moaning. I was picked today, but unfortunately I came to a loss in words because of my nervousness. Dostoyevsky introduces the concept of doing something on purpose that deals pain too others. We see it all the time, especially when your parents force you to do something you don't want to do. You thus act un accordingly to make their time miserable in order to make yourself feel better. This notion directly correlates with the mans "moaning" in the book. The man moans because he wants to share his pain and let others know how much he is having to suffer. In a way he also gains pleasure from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment