Monday, February 10, 2014

monday post

Beauty can be found in an ignorant man. Someone less intelligent, someone who does not see the full repercussions of one's actions, is beautiful in my eyes. Obviously, I much rather be on the intelligent side, but being ignorant and not knowing the full consequences for one's actions or decisions can be seen in a really positive light as well. I'm an over thinker. I over analyze even the simplest of actions and ideas. In tennis, I choke often because I overthink my situation. Those who are ignorant of their surroundings and of their consequences for say, losing a tennis match, are often blessed in disguise because they can play the match without thinking about the full consequences of losing, and ultimately play the way they should: relaxed. To me, that is what Dostoyevsky is getting at. We turn into mice when we overthink the situation, and ultimately crawl back into our cave, and allow the simplest of ideas to grow into ginormous ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment