Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday Reaction


            I really like what we are discussing in class and how we can discuss it together and offer different opinions. All of us are analyzing Dostoyevsky’s work and relating to the ideas portrayed in the book. In class, it is easy to address these topics and freely talk about them. Yet, when we are done with this book, I am not sure how I am going to be able to talk about it in everyday context. In order to talk about all of the different philosophical ideas found in the book, I am going to have to start at the very beginning and establish a foundation of ideas. People will not realize the importance of these ideas, such as how we enjoy imposing pain upon ourselves and others or always secretly wanting others to fail. If I were to talk to my friends who aren’t in this class about these ideas then they would consider me self-righteous by my own effort trying to sound intellectually superior over them. In the end, it just returns us to the key ideas found in this book, which are not easily communicated to others who are not studying this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment