Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday Post

Dostoevsky wrote about how the pain of our toothache is actually a pleasurable experience. When someone has a toothache and other people are around we express our pain through moaning in order to get attention. We moan and groan as loud and as unpleasant as possible not only to evoke some kind of sympathy but also to annoy the people around us. We do it so that the people around us can experience our pain, so that we do not have to suffer alone.    

A second thing we discussed is taking offensive even when there is nothing to be offended by or that we are not actually offended by.  I’ve noticed that one of my friends does this quite often. Since she feel like people are not paying attention to her, she relates thing in conversation that has nothing to do with her to herself and in turn becomes offended for no reason. I’ve done the same thing sometimes to amuse myself when I’m bored. Dostoevsky’s always makes me notice things that occur in my everyday life that I don’t notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment