Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Final reaction

Notes From the Underground is a book, that if I knew what I t was about, would have never picked up and started to read. In fact, when reading it the first time around, I did not enjoy it at all. I did not understand anything that I was reading and therefore could not take anything away from the book; iot was sort of frustrating to be read, but now know what you were reading. However, as we discussed the book as a class, it became much more interesting. Although I never truly understood what Dostoyevsky himself was saying in his writing, the ideas discussed in class caught my attention. The book forced you to think about life, human nature and society in different ways than I ever would have; it is almost as thinking outside of the box about your own life and those around you. Much of what was discussed I had thought of before, but in the simplest way, never in such detail and it was fascinating to see how his thoughts made sense and were correct even though they can be considered insane. This book is definitely one I will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment