Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wednesday

I had talked to my father the other night about what we recently discussed in class and it actually was an opinion that made sense. I was having a lot of trouble trying to decide why people drink, smoke or do drugs that would deteriorate your health just because they can. I thought it might have to do with freedom to choose what we desire but my father brought up another interesting point. Take sex for instance (although it isn't detrimental to your health). The logical purpose of it is to create so we can continue the species, yet people do it for the hell of it because it feels good. All of the seriously damaging things people do are in order to elicit some sort of good feeling. We crave for an adrenaline rush, a numbness or a simple lustful desire that animals don't care for nor even know exist. In fact, humans (apart from dolphins I think) are the only animals that have sex for pleasure and the hell of it. Same as killing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment