Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Last post

I think reading and thoroughly going through and analyzing notes from the underground has been a good experience for me. It taught me how to sort of analyze a text much better. Before, I'd just sort of wing it and try and figure out the text on the fly, rather than going paragraph by paragraph like we did as a class. I think it also presents a lot of ideas and a lot of principles into my life. I find myself questioning a lot of my motives and a lot of the thoughts that arise in my head. I always noticed that example of when we tell our friends about our break. When we usually ask them what they did, we stop listening and focus and prepare what we were going to tell them. I always noticed this, but I didn't really think that anyone else did, which now leads me to believe that a lot of the things that I notice in human nature has also been noticed by others as well.

Overall, I think reading Notes from the Underground has been a really good experience for me. Although a bit painful at time, I truthfully believe that it has helped me not only as an AP student, but as a human being. I look at a lot of aspects of life much differently than I did before. I question everything, I question people's motives, my motives, and sort of try and figure out and explain those motives to myself. So, I have indirectly learned how to analyze my surroundings, which is pretty cool to be honest.

The daily blogs were also pretty cool. I think that reading other people's blogs was a good way to sort of take the ideas and analytics of something they observed in the work, and apply it to myself. Being able to write about what you want to write gives the student a great sense of freedom, and allows us to think much more freely, leading to the creation of new ideas, ultimately helping the student.

In short, I think NFTU was a great way of not only excersising my analytical skills, but also my mind, and the way I observe and think about the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment