Friday, February 14, 2014

Comment on Anikes blog

I wasn't here all week so I am a bit lost on what we're talking about, but just by reading what Anikes said I have a pretty good idea of how to connect the topic of the virtue of suffering and the morally incorrect characteristic of being selfish to the book. As Anike said, I thought of Atlas Shrugged as soon as she said that being selfish is bad. But why is it so bad to be selfish if wanting self prosperity is the drive of all humanity?  And about the suffering, religion has taught us that suffering for the well being of others is righteous and even Godly, as Jesus did. Giving up your advantages and prosperity just to prove to others that you're willing to suffer for them. I see being selfish as a very controversial topic because their is a fine line between good selfishness and too much selfishness. The problem is that we don't don't know how to walk that fine line.

No comments:

Post a Comment