Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Final Reaction

Notes  From the Underground is a book that I would never have expected to enjoy. Certainly, as I read it through the first time without any discussion or outside analysis, I was not enjoying it either, however, it all changed once we began talking about it in class. The book went from boring, complicated and pointless, to "blow my mind" interesting, relevant, and reflective. Through the book I was able to read and understand that I have many feelings and actions that sem simple and that I  never thought about the reasons behind them. Fyodor was able to point out each and every one of them  and finally made me realize that there is a cause for everything. He made me see things in a completely different way and pointed out the truth behind many of those actions. May it be the wall that we are always in need of, or our crazy thoughts that we fight to push back, or our advantage of being able to go against the laws of nature and actually purposefully cause harm to ourselves are topics that I will definitely remember from the book.  With that comment I must say that in the end, it was definitely worth reading as it is the book that has most connected with my real life so far this year. The conversations and discussions in class definitely helped since I would not be able to put into mind all the aspects Fyodor was talking about without examples, analysis and different opinions from my peers in class. I will definitely remember this book as it showed me that there are many reasons and purposes behind all that we do in life, reasons that are hard to point out, but reasons that are definitely true, and affect our lives everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment