Wednesday, February 5, 2014

wednesday post

To me, religion serves as a basis of comfort and mental protection to people. It is something we are taught to believe in, and without being told by our elders, we'd probably never really buy into the idea of religion. I'm not going to lie, about a week ago, I'd tell you that I probably believed in a greater power of some sort. Why did I "probably" believe in the greater power? Two reasons. 1.) I was afraid of the repercussions of not believing and not following a religion, and therefore bought into it. And 2.) I mean literally billions of people bought into it also, leading my eye to start believing.

The idea of a limitless space, a world where we are truthfully left alone, and individualized completely, is honestly f***ing terrifying. Who the hell (no pun intended) wants to be alone in this world? I did not. And it was really hard for me to conceptualize this idea that at our core, and without these ideologies and theories of life, that we truthfully are living in a world, alone, in our own heads, with nobody to stand by you, and nobody to stand with you.

I believe religion was created as a way of manipulating people, migrating people, and ultimately as a tool of measuring and calibrating power into the sphere of the wealthy. It was created as a means to manipulate the masses, and to ultimately create an advantage to a certain individual or group. That's my way of looking at it. And I had always sort of looked at it that way, but never really decided to truthfully go with that, until recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment