Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday Discussion

I, like most people in class probably did, went home and tried to picture an infinite universe with no walls, no boundaries. The picture we all have in our minds is similar; having to do with dark, limitless space. I think it is so difficult to picture vastness, that we perceive it as empty. Nevertheless, at least for me, i gave up after a couple of seconds because I was not going anywhere.
Regarding the Adam and Eve topic, I have never put much thought into this. I always had my doubts because from a logical standpoint, it truly does not make sense, but I never tried to discredit it. The theory of evolution, all though still considered a theory, makes much more sense than Adam and Eve, but people still hold on to that belief because they want to believe in something. People want a higher power to put their fate in, to take some of their responsibilities away, if not religion would have been destroyed long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment