Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Universe


Last year in biology class, I learned that the universe is constantly expanding. Every moment its forms a new solar system and galaxy. I remember seeing a video on how it expands and its infinite. That night I went home and I tried to picture it, trillions and trillion of millions of random stars and planet and darkness. I remember thinking how little I mattered, in the grand scheme of the universe, how little anything mattered, and that terrified me. So I stopped thinking about it and in affect I put up this metaphorical wall. I put a barrier to the universe because the unknown was frightened and the infinite is impossible to picture. Dostoevsky’s character has walls too. Everyone has walls because it not only a sense a comfort but also a symbol of the impossible.  The Wall is a Physical bounder that we are unable, but it seems to me that Dostoevsky’s character seemed to think that this does not bind him because of his superior intelligence. In my opinion just because he has the ablity to see every side of an argument does not mean that he is not held by this “wall”.   

No comments:

Post a Comment