Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday

I think that it is absolutely astounding to see how truly brilliant, and I mean brilliant, this author is. It almost makes me feel embarrassed when I read his work. With just a few words, he can convey an idea that is so controversial, so thought-provoking, that it is simply amazing. With regards to the hole notion of religion binding society, I felt, after discussing this portion of the book today, that the man wants to believe in religion, he wants something to give him hope and allow him to fit in with this unconscious society, but simply cannot chose this because he sees the validity behind Darwin’s theories. Seeing as there is no true way to prove that God does not exist, nor that the world was not created in the ways described in various religious texts, I think the author is at a loss for what to believe forcing him to feel incredibly powerless. Whether one believes in Evolution or in some higher power, this belief gives the beholder a sense of power, whether it be false or not, and I can imagine how lost the author must feel without a solidified belief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment