Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Religion

       If religion was no longer present and everyone believed in the same thing, the structure of our society would be completely different. Religion is kept to make us believe in something. If we knew God existed or did not exist at all then we would not need to believe in anything. The whole concept of religion is for us to have hope that God could possibly hear our prayers or wishes. Without that belief system intact, the world would be chaotic. People would stop caring about what they did and let God decide their path, disregarding faith and destiny. People would simply refuse to try because “God has the answer to everything and will make it work.”  If someone told me that God actually did exist, I would not really know what to do with myself. Even though I went to Jewish day school and was told “God judges everyone and has a plan for everyone” I still do not fully believe that. But if someone convinced me that God did have a final plan for me and was in fact seeing every move I made, then I would start to act differently. I would probably start to obey by the rules that were repeated to me everyday when I stepped into Hebrew class just to make sure I would fall into the path that was set for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment