Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Wall


Today in class we discussed religion and how it affects our lives. In class Mr. Shapiro ask us whether we wanted to know without a doubt that god exists. I said no, because I believed that it would affect the way that I live my life. I started to think about it again and I’ve changed my mind. I sometimes think about how scary it is to be completely alone when you die. It scary to think that no matter how long you pray that no one will ever hear you. If there is a God, I think that it would give me peace to know that there is something to look forward to after, because some people live incredible difficult and unfair lives, and it seems cruel to think that’s all there is. Mr. Shapiro also asked what we thought the “wall” was that Dostoevsky was talking about it.  I think it a symbol of the impossible. It is a barrier, keeping people away from the other side of the argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment