Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Between Religion and Evolution

In my opinion, I see the narrator stuck between the notion of religion and the theory of evolution. This renders him unable to pick a side, what he ultimately says is a simple for an intelligent person, seeing both sides of things.

After today's discussion in class, unthought throughout the day whether or not I would like to be told/persuaded that God really existed. How would that change my life?  I believe that if I knew for certain that God really existed, religion would not be religion anymore, and I would live as a robot, following direct orders and obeying the codes to please God. And that probably goes out to everybody! Imagine a society living under the notion that God was definitely real. That society would have no culture, no own beikifs, and last of all no religion.

Religion, in my opinion, is all about the "cafeteria plan" or "buffet". Everyone picks and chooses what they want to believe and create ther own religion through their own belief system. By giving everybody answers to religion, it is no longer a belief system but a fact to society.

No comments:

Post a Comment