Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ignorance is Bliss

After what we talked about today, my answer still remains the same about me wanting to know the truth about God. This is to not only spare me from any doubt, but because if there is way to be certain that there is a higher power and a way to know exactly what this higher power wants from me, I want to be able to fulfill it to have a good afterlife. I also consider the “wall” that Dostoyevsky is talking about to be the sort of barrier between humanity and the divine power. I think this wall is vital because we would not be able to handle the truth; ignorance is bliss when it comes this situation. Since I am religious, I also believe this said wall was and always will be there to hide the truth and I think it was put there by the higher power itself. Like the metaphor of the bible of when humans decided to build a tower to reach God and He spited them down. The truth is, sadly, not be revealed and know, but hoped and guessed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment