Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday Post


I understand now why Dostoyevsky refers to the nineteenth century as the unhappy nineteenth century. It was a time where people were realizing that there is another explanation to the creation of the world and that maybe religion is not all controlling as they though it was. This realization also creates a sense of solitude and fear because people start to see that it is possible that they are actually alone in the universe in a sense. They no longer have the comfort of knowing that someone is out there looking out for them and in a sense accompanying them through their life. Honestly, if I were given the opportunity to know for sure whether God exists or not, I would take it because I would want to know because I would want to understand what I am faced with and what I need to do in order to achieve success in this life and the next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment