Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thursday Reaction


While sitting in class today, I had to remind myself how we derived the battle between evolution and creationism from the book. I’m pretty sure we talked about how Darwin destroyed the wall when he published his theory. We are still debating about the world’s origins to this day because we seek comfort and peace. I think that only religion can provide this sense of tranquility because everything is supposed to be based on this fixed book. Science lacks this sense of comfort because, as Bill Nye said, science is constantly evolving and scientists are continuously disproving hypotheses. This debate will never be settled and humans will never reach a sense of security and comfort, in fact, we might feel more chaotic if the debate expands to other religions like Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, and Sikhism etc.  On another note, the man who was defending the religion side reminded me of politicians because I felt that he could only prove his point by using his own research. There no sense of transparency and legitimacy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment