Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Reaction


Today, Mr. Shapiro asked me if I have ever tried to imagine the universe. In response, I referenced to the stereotypical imagery of space like a black, endless vacuum found in different pop culture media including the movie Gravity. Now that I have had a few answers to think about the question, I want to reshape my answer. I think that humans are unable to perceive different dimensions that exist in space. The ability for us to perceive space without hitting the wall is as impossible as teaching calculus or physics to a dog. Our lack of power to perceive the fourth, fifth, six etc. dimensions can be dumbed down and compared to our inability to perceive colors that a mantis shrimp can see (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp.) Humans can’t envision an unbounded world because these other dimensions limit us. Perhaps the indisputable facts that answer our questions about creationism and evolution can be derived from these dimensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment