Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Reaction Wednesday


Due to the way I was raised, and the lack of religion in my upbringing, I have always labeled myself as “agnostic leaning towards atheism.” I only know the scientific side of how we came to exist and I was never exposed to the religious aspect of life. Everything we have been speaking of the past few days makes sense to me; humans tend to reject the truth because it is difficult to accept that there are things in this world that we cannot understand. Until today, I had never thought about what the infinite universe looks like, truthfully because it is a disturbing thought. Because there is so much I cannot comprehend about the world, such as coincidences, the question of destiny, or life itself, I have always wanted to believe that there is some higher power controlling everything. But now I see that I never really did believe that, and that I only tried to in order to make sense out of “the unknown.” Although we have only been interpreting the book, I have come to understand a lot about myself through the underground man’s perspectives, and have concluded that I do not believe there is a god; things just happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment