Monday, February 3, 2014

NFTU Discussion Day 3

The more we discuss the book, the more I see it start to relate to other works and other aspect of the lecture. To be completely honest though, it sometimes takes me a while to understand what we're talking about and until it is fully explained,  I may be fully lost for a while. I thought Camille did a tremendous job today in explaining that paragraph because she said things that I was fully ignorant of and the way she explained it really helped me see what Dostroyevsky was saying. 
What we talked about today was basically how man lowers himself to the lowest possible comparable creature such as the insect and is somewhat complacent with being as pathetic and out of touch with the human side because, even if we could change who we are, we probably wont. We see ourselves in the mirror and hate what we are but, in the end, are to stubborn to do anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment