Wednesday, February 5, 2014

To believe or not to believe

Everyone has a safety net; usually that safety net is religion of some belief system. Like Mr. Shapiro stated in class, we use religion as a wall or barrier for the things we cannot understand. We try to understand certain things but we end up putting up a wall. Throughout my elementary school life at Beth Am I was told to believe in Adoni and believe He was the one who planned everything out for the human race. When I made the switch to Gulliver and grew up I realized I did not believe in half the stories the rabbis would tell us from the Torrah. I find it hard to believe that Moses was able to split the Red Sea and leave Egypt with the rest of the enslaved Jews. It just does not logically make any sense.  I'm suppose to believe that Moses was able to speak to Adoni and send a plague to the people of Egypt who refused the Jews of their freedom? It just seems like someone is just trying to make me believe in something that cannot logically happen in a million years. It is all bull to me. Yes I believe that there is some supernatural power that somehow brought life to Earth but I believe the evolutionary theory more. It is more logical than the spiritual shit that the rabbis and priests try to pass onto everyone. When I travelled to Israel with my family, we heard stories from certain survivors had told us that could not be logically explained why they are still alive today given that certain situation. It was either fate or what they believed was the power of Adoni Himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment