Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Post

One of the pictures from the linked I shared on yesterday's blog said "does not evolution disprove the laws of thermodynamics?" At first I was kind of confused as to what this was even asking his question seemed stupid honestly. Through today's lecture I realized that the law of thermodynamics(matter goes from a state of order to disorder) isn't disproved by human evolution. It's religion and this human need to survive that keeps it true. Religion serves aside from being a type of faith or strength as a method of control. It is essentially a tool we use so that we can continue to survive. However, the survival of every human is weakening the strength of the human race overall. This is where the disorder occurs. Evolution has allowed us to develop a bean and extremely developed thought. This ability to think has made us want to keep ourselves alive so badly that we create rules instead of following in the natural pattern of things. We as humans are creating disorder with religion because we're not killing off the weak people in the flock.
I'm not too sure I completely agree with what we were discussing about the wall today. I thought that the particular paragraph was talking about the fact that an active man seeking revenge ISN'T stopped by the wall in their mind because they aren't conscious enough to know it's there. While I do think that many people seek revenge and at the same time want someone to come in and stop them, I don't think that was exactly what Dostoyevsky was saying. I find it interesting and at the same time troubling how dense the book is because when I first read it I got maybe 1/10 of what were discussing now. I do think what were doing is very helpful in developing analytical skills though.

No comments:

Post a Comment