Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February 4

Its human nature to create categories and schemas to simplify and understand the world. Humans “embrace” the wall because we don't really have a choice. I think our brain is simply unable to comprehend the infinite and cannot be content without having a framework to explain why we are alive and what happens after death. Darwinism and Religion are basically two walls, or examples of these frameworks. It’s scary to think that we don't know. What interests me the most is that I understand that I have a need to understand. Anthropology helps develop a lot of my ideas that there are no real absolute truths because as humans are searching for the one finite answer, as a whole we don’t even know what we are searching for, and different things are important to different types of people. I think I would want to know if there was a God or not, because then I would know what really is important. We spend so much of our time doing things that sometimes we forget why we are doing them in the first place. The institutions replace reality and become our reality, but humans don't really know what reality is. Maybe it was a mistake or an accidental genetic mutation for humans to feel what we feel and have the consciousness we have. It just seems like we were dropped on the earth trying to figure things out and we don't even know what the point is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment