Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thursday Post


In class, we watched the debate between Bill Nye and Ken Ham, they were discussing the theory of evolution versus the theory of creationism. If I were asked to state my opinion on this issue, I would say that this issue like everything in life is a balance between the two extremes. I believe that God created the earth (while not necessarily in 6 days), I do not buy the whole Adam and Eve story however. I think that he created a world with a very simple life form and then the theory of evolution kicked in. I firmly believe this because while the laws of thermodynamics state that energy cannot be created nor destroyed, our similarities to apes are far too significant to ignore. Even more proof is found in the fact that humans have leftover byproducts of evolution such as the appendix which is no longer useful but at one point was vital to survival. 

No comments:

Post a Comment