Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday Blog

Wendell Pfeffer
1/29/14


            It was interesting to see different peoples ideas on the paragraphs we discussed today in class. Not only did it give me in insight, but now I understand why Dostoyevsky struggles so much within society and success. He is a brilliant man, yet he is too intelligent for people within his society. He is considered a genius among many of us, but those kind of people struggle within society and thus is one of the many reasons that it is hard for them to become successful. Dostoyevsky even states in one the paragraphs that we discussed in class that only stupid men can be successful like Zerkov who was discussed in part 2. Its not that they are stupid it’s just that they are able to interact well within society. We even discussed this notion in one of shaps lecture that those people with 160 IQ and above don’t interact well with people that have lower IQ’s. While those people who we consider successful within our society (have an IQ of about 130) and interact well with other people that have lower IQ’s then them. Another interesting idea was about his illness with his liver and a problem visiting his doctor. This was the first paragraph and when I was reading it I had such a hard time figuring out what the meaning behind this paragraph was. At the time all I knew was that he was contradicting himself, but later I learned that he was just not going to go because he wanted to be somewhat a little shit. Maybe he did it to piss someone off who knows, but the closest way I can relate to this is if my parents want to take me to the doctor and I just say no just to inflict pain on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment