Saturday, January 25, 2014

2nd Response

In this reading selection Dostoyevsky gives us another one of his confusing lessons on life. In my opinion, he thinks of life as a game. He enjoyed creating situations and "pretending" just to amuse himself. For example, in one of the situations he writes that he pretended to be in love because it was not working out for him the normal way. This shows us that maybe he had something happen to him which caused him to be this way. Furthermore, Dostoyevsky writes that he pretends because of being bored and unhappy, which shows that a traumatic event probably did occur at some point in his life causing him to be so bitter towards mankind. I am starting to understand his language which is making me like it a little bit better. However, I am not enjoying it because Dostoyevsky is just playing with my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment