Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday

As i kept on reading, Fyodor Dostoyevsky keep on rambling and rambling about his multiple topics. I have begun to find it mush easier to understand what he is trying to point out through his rambling. What I extremely enjoyed is that he actually admitted that he does ramble on and on and that it serves a purpose in this book. At least I am getting somewhere, I thought.

I enjoyed the point he portrays when he says that one when trying to pretend to feel an emotion ultimately leads to actually feeling that emotion. I have found that it is completely true. As he says, when pretending to be offended, one ultimately becomes offended. I began to think of that possibility and have found that when you pretend to be offended you are attempting to change the emotions you are presently feeling, lets say from being happy to offended. But at first you are not really offended, but due to the fact that you gave up being happy to pretend to be offended gets you offended at yourself, or at others who have realized your actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment