Thursday, January 30, 2014

NFTU 2nd Discussion Day

Today was my first turn and it was not bad at all like I expected. I was actually happy because an idea from the recent paragraph lead me to create my ideas and conclusion for the next paragraph, which, I guess, is the whole purpose of what we’re even doing. I was actually happy to see how insightful it is to discuss the paragraphs as a class because I would have never been able to deduce the correlation between the dying cats and the old men by myself. I also agree with everything we’ve been saying, and this might sound harsh, but in a way, the elderly are the “scum” of society, (sadly including my own grandparents) unless they provide something for society. This problem will never be fixed because human compassion is not going to let us just kill off anyone who is a burden for society. We won’t let other hurt our loved ones and we must be really determined to rid society of them to actually do something to them. This will get even worse when the life expectancy increases and we have even more people in retirement homes and doing nothing but sitting around.

No comments:

Post a Comment