Friday, January 24, 2014

First Reaction

The book, in my perspective seems a little confusing since the main character constantly contradicts himself. The way the book is structured is very similar to the way crime and punishment is structured. The main character reminds me of Raskolnikov since they both ramble on and on about the same subject and that they have an illness due to their conscious. The two characters both describe themselves as extremely intelligent and tend to judge others especially those who are not well educated. At this point in the book I'm still unsure of what the main character is truly trying to convince the reader of. The constant contradictions make me wonder what will happen later on and make me not trust what the narrator says. The author's way of conveying the mans thoughts was well done. While reading I feel as if I'm inside the character's mind. They way the paragraphs venture off from one point to another is exactly how someone thinks. Thoughts are not always perfectly structured or straight to the point. They are broken up and trail off. So far I enjoy the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment