Sunday, January 26, 2014

Reaction


Up to the first 10 pages, I understood most of what the author was saying (with some exceptions). From page 11 to 17, I was lost and there were very few lines that I could truly grasp and comprehend. I found the first paragraph on page 11 to be pretty enlightening, though. The narrator says that there are many things that people take offense to, simply because they feel like it, but in reality they are not actually offended. I found humor in this part of the novel because I have caught myself doing something like this before. Someone will do something that could or should potentially offend me, but due to my personal attributes, I am not genuinely offended by their action. But because I know that I can take offense in what they did, I act as if I am offended.  I know many people who do this, and after reading this part I asked myself: Why do humans have the tendency to make small things become more important than they actually are?  

No comments:

Post a Comment