Sunday, January 26, 2014

Reaction - Part 1

    I finished reading Part 1 and I think I finally understand what the narrator was trying to accomplish. At first I thought he was just confused and overwhelmed by all of his thoughts causing him to constantly contradict himself, but then realized that he was just avoiding the topic of his actual thoughts which was really annoying. The narrator switches from topic to topic, until he finally decides to be honest with his readers and tell what was really going on. You can tell that the narrator truly struggles with his past; it is hard enough for him to bring it up with himself, so why would he bring it up to any of his readers? The only reason he decides to write his thoughts down is to get rid of all the haunting his past has caused him, almost as if that was his own form of reaching clarity. I was annoyed at first that he kept messing with his readers but towards the end I actually felt a connection with the narrator. For the first time, he was honest with the readers and gave them his true opinions, even though he didn't exactly go into his real thoughts like we thought he previously did. The whole ending to the story seemed very real and like something we could all relate to. Even though it was difficult to read and took a while to get though each page, I enjoyed reading Part 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment