Friday, January 24, 2014

First post on NFTU-Luis Diego

To be completely honest, and I am probably not nearly alone when it comes to this, but half of the time, I feel like I am reading a different language when I am reading this book. Dostoyevsky has many ideas but he also contradicts himself in many occasions, making it very confusing to understand what he is really getting at. There are some paragraphs I understand, or at least I think I understand, and others that have me reading them over and over again with still no clue as to what I am even reading about. He admits himself to be a babbler who rambles on and on, and in the book this can even be seen when he is talking about something and his train of thought gets lost and the paragraph ends with a cliff hanging “and…” which particularly annoys me because he changes subjects with no explanation. I understand that he is talking about the differences between the “normal man” and the “conscious man” and how being like the normal man would make life easier. Up to this point, that is pretty much all I can really conclude though.

No comments:

Post a Comment