Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Monday Post


After reading the first part of Notes from the Underground, I can honestly say that I am totally confused. I am not sure whether he is actually lying to us about everything he has written in the first part or if he is lying about lying. Another possibility is that he wants to think he is lying because he does not want to face the fact that that is how he truly feels about humanity. It is like he says on the last page, there are some things that men hide even from themselves, I wonder if this is one of those things. The other statement that really threw me off was his admission that he is writing this for himself an not to be read by others. I wonder if this is actually true or if this is just an attempt he is making to cover up his previous lie. If this really was made only for himself, then I would really like to know why it ended up as a published work.

No comments:

Post a Comment