Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Post

In reading this novel, I have experienced a variety of emotions. I do not really know what to think about it. The narrator's frequent contradictions create a huge confusion regarding his intentions and underlying meaning of the words written on the page. His ideas on spite and how one can gain enjoyment from essentially hitting "emotional rock bottom" are very foreign to me and I cannot grasp what he means by this. I do however agree with his thoughts on conscientiousness and that a simple minded man is usually less upset and stressed than a man who is very analytical and thoughtful. Lastly, I am not sure why he believes that men should not live past forty years, in my mind, the years past forty are when a man develops the best insights and thoughts on life and the reason why we are here. I completely disagree with his ideas seeing as though most of the greatest thinkers and creators in the world have done their best work past their forty years of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment