Monday, January 27, 2014

Blog Update

I am done with the first part of the novel and on to the second and I feel as it is very ironic. Dostoyevsky begins by retelling a story about him and his office. He first admits he is ugly, then says he does not look smart. After reading this book I can ultimately guarantee that he is in fact smart, which makes that statement pretty ironic. Also, he starts to say that he was scared of everyone in that office. I find this very very ironic. How can someone who has such bold and irrational statements be scared of anyone? I would picture Dostoyevsky as someone who is not afraid to speak out to people and tell them his interpretation on any situation.  Anyways, I am halfway through the second part and in my opinion it is much more entertaining the first part. I think this is due to the fact that it is a much easier read meaning that I actually understand what I am reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment