Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Number 6

Overall, this is the type of book where its ideas are thought provoking even when you’re done.  I feel like part two was just an example of how it was living with the effects of the disease of consciousness explained in part 1. With the amount of information Dostoevsky covered in such a short amount of pages is surprising because it seems like some of these topics are never ending, or can continued being thought of in multiple ways. The way the narrator planned out his interactions with the public, especially in deciding whether to move when walking past the officer, completely reminded me of Crime and Punishment. I feel like the whole time Raskolnikov secluded from human interaction, he was meticulously planning out the murder. Every question I have from Raskolnikov’s character I feel like could be answered from NFTU. It’s almost a paradox because I feel like Dostoevsky  defines human character by explaining that it cannot be defined or categorized in any one way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment