Sunday, January 26, 2014

Third Post

Although I am still pretty confused while reading this book, I think that I am starting to get a hold of it. From what I read this week, I interpreted that Dostoyevsky believes that you want to be good and passionate at one thing. That way, you can be remembered for it and everyone will acknowledge that you are specifically good at one thing. If you are not seen as good at something, then many people may see you as being lazy. However, Dostoyevsky then writes that he does not have a characteristic that everyone will view him by, which is pretty ironic considering the fact that he wrote one of the most influential and famous books ever. I feel like if he knew the success that this book was going to have then he would not have included the part where he discredits himself in the explanation of this phenomenon.

No comments:

Post a Comment