Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday Post


A lot of Dostoyevsky’s ideas appear to be highly contradictory in a way that makes no sense but when the reader takes the time to reflect on his words and really think about what he is reading, the ideas become more relevant and applicable to daily life. For example, when he talks about adventure and he says that the only way to lead an adventurous life is to make one’s own adventures, though that seems counterintuitive because adventure comes from spontaneous moments, it makes sense in a way. A person must be open-minded and place himself in situations for adventure to find him. His ideas on fake emotions are also very applicable to life because at least I can say that there have been several instances in my life where I have done what he describes. I have pretended to feel an emotion so strongly that eventually, like him, I end up actually feeling that emotion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment