Monday, January 27, 2014

Pyschopath

From what I read today I can say with complete assurance that Part II of this book is much easier to read than the first. Although the flow is similar and the complexity of his sentences do not really change, what Dostoyevsky writes in the second part is not as dense or difficult to comprehend. Although Part I did require much more focus and forced me to think more as I read, I tend to find the second part more interesting. I am not sure whether it is because I can understand what is going on or because of the subject matter. Nevertheless I seem to be enjoying it more. After reading the first chapter, I have come to the conclusion that the narrator is a total wimp with zero self-confidence as well very obsessive with psychopathic tendencies. It is obvious that this man is alone in the world, no friends or family, he speaks to no one and does nothing with his life so it is understandable why he would want revenge for something so small, in order to take up time. However, his obsession is not created as a pastime, but rather actual vengeance. He wants to shove this officer to prove to himself that he is worthy of something, yet he keeps making excuses for himself. I’m not sure where this will go, but it does not look good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment