Thursday, January 30, 2014

Selfishness

                During today’s discussion, the point we made as a class that humans are selfish by nature really stuck in my head. Although I agree completely that all we do is in one way or another for our own benefit, we do not always get mad if people do better than us. In other words, when speaking about how one feels when they receive a lower grade on a test than the person next to them, they tend to feel anger or jealousy. This is very accurate, except I think it depends on who the other person receiving a better grade is. If a friend of mine does better than me on a test, obviously I would have liked to do as good as or even better than him, but I would not be mad at him for doing so, in fact I would be happy for him. I think that everything we discuss in class can be interpreted differently depending on perspective due to the fact that we all have different opinions on different subjects. Not to mention, I do think that the elderly, are in some way a burden to society because they are not giving back. As cruel as it seems, they are just taking up space. Even though one would think it would be better to let them all die or get rid of them, it is a touchy subject for everyone because, at least for me, I would do absolutely anything for my grandparents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment